Subject: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Sep 17 22:17:30 2004

It was a minor joke. Over here in England we have been warned to eat
less tuna because of mercury levels in the fish rising, pregnant women
in particular.
I like tuna and all fish is good in Spain, though this is a huge point
of contention in the EU. The Spanish eat the most fish after the
Japanese. Since Spain joined the EC their fishing fleet has access to
what used to be only individual European nation's waters and they fish
much more. My daughter, a marine biologist, assures me that the
fisheries are pretty well beyond recovery now (like the Canadian cod)
but that because the fishermen are such a powerful political lobby the
quotas have neither been set low enough or enforced enough.
Sad
Frank