Subject: [Leica] Weedon Northamptonshire #3 (Polarized?)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Sep 17 21:58:58 2004

Robert D. Baron asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Weedon Northamptonshire #3 (Polarized?)

> Query: what, if anything, would a polarizing filter have done to the
> reflections (of the building and etc.) on the water?<

Hi Bob,
I hadn't even thought about the reflections, but the over all look of the
photograph.

My reason for the polarizer was to enhance the richness of the colours and
possibly cut down on what appeared as haze. Or the lightness of the
exposure.

But then that's my bias toward colour and my preference to solid rich clean
colour, and I don't mean that over saturated un-real look of Velvia 50 film.
Aaaaaaaaack! Horrible colour. ;-)

However, the main effect of the colour would still have been in relation to
camera angle to polarized sun angle. And depending on which lens I was using
I would probably hold the filter in finger tips and turn it back and forth
to find max effect, popped it on the lens at the same spot and fired away.
If it had been an M camera. If it were the R I'd have screwed it into the
lens and set max effect by looking through viewfinder and fired away.

ted