Subject: [Leica] Kerry Who
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Sep 17 00:24:43 2004

I enjoy reading "The Week". There is a US version, which I have not
read, but the UK version is interesting because most of the World News
is a pr?cis of several newspaper reports. It is often very amusing -
but never surprising - to see how differently the same events are
reported by different journals.
I believe in freedom of speech and integrity also, but newspaper
proprietors and/or governments are too keen to "align your opinion"
with theirs for there to be any one reliable source. The Week at least
lets me guess where in the interpretations the truth may lie!
I think most journals are printed to sell. They do this most of the
time by confirming the opinions of their readership, not by revealing
unpopular truth.
cheers
Frank