Subject: [Leica] Question on lens switching
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Sep 16 12:50:25 2004

Wade Heninger asked:
> I noticed on some negs I shot this morning that every frame where I
swapped
> lenses is fogged.

>> Does this mean my shutter isn't lightproof or that you just shouldn't
change
> lenses with film in it?  Or should I maybe shade it significantly before
> switching?  I did this on both my Hexar and my M6 and the M6 is the only
one
> showing fogging when the lens was off.<,

Wade,
I'd put money on a curtain malfunction than anything else. Was the shutter
cocked or not during the lens change? Because that put's the curtains in
different positions and might indicate where the problem might be.

When the lens was on did you not see any fogging at all because with the
lens on and a bad curtain connection one woud think you'd also pick-up fog
while walking about with the camera on your shoulder.

But then it still comes back to whether the curtains were in a cocked
shutter position or not.

ted

Replies: Reply from lists at heninger.org (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] Question on lens switching)