Subject: [Leica] Digilux digressions and dioramas part II, the beginning
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Sep 15 18:42:41 2004

>Born in 1879 near Berlin, Oscar went to Wetzlar in 1911 at the
>invitation of Ernst Leitz and accepted employment with the company now
>known as Leica.  Oskar Barnack is credited as being the inventor of the
>Leica camera and consequently the 35mm camera in 1913.  The pre-cursor
>to all 35mm cameras of today.
>
>[from the KBCamera website]

That's not quite accurate. There were other still film cameras that
were experimenting with 35mm motion picture stock at the time.

He did, however, standardize on the 24x36 frame as well as the
approximately 36 exposure film length that we use now.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Digilux digressions and dioramas part II, the beginning)