Subject: [Leica] Remembering Smokey
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Sep 7 08:06:18 2004

Adam Bridge offered:

> Last Friday our 17 year-old kitty had to be put down. In the last
> month she had stopped eating and was losing weight fast. The vet found
> a mass behind her eye which was making it very painful for her to open
> her mouth or to swallow.<<<,,,

> She was a wonderful cat.
> I will miss her terribly.<<<<<<<

Adam,
My most heart felt condolence. My old "Miller" was something like Smokey and
even though he's been gone near 2 years I still on occasion see him tucked
in his way of curling-up by the heat vent under my desk.

And there's a gut swellng of emotion that swells up for a moment as I'm
saddened by his passing. He was my buddy for 22 years. A very long time for
a cat, but I wouldn't trade the years and crazy memories of him for
anything.  As only pet owners will understand.

And to leave this on a high note.... one year he did climb the Christmas
tree and brought the whole thing crashing down about 20 minutes after we had
completed the decorations and lights went on. :-) A wild scene as he
sampered off into hiding for the rest of the day. Scared him more than I was
mad. ;-) However, he never went near a Christmas tree for ten years after
that little adventure. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Remembering Smokey)