Subject: [Leica] OT: Pentax Optio S4 Digital P&S
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:26 2004

Greg,
The Casio Z4 is a very similar camera also with a Pentax lens.  Its
benefit is a much larger LCD.  Also, Pentax has discontinued the S4 in
favor of a very similar camera with a better LCD.  If you can get the
Optio S4 for a good price I have found it to be a very fine P&S.
Limitations would be a fairly weak flash and a tendency to underexpose
which can be monitored on the histogram and adjusted to personal taste.

Overall the S4 is one of the better truly pocket able cameras.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com