Subject: [Leica] chatty group...flood waters
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Thu Sep 2 12:48:40 2004

Don,

We didn't live in KC at the time of that flood (1977) but I've heard
lots about it...the house I now live in was flooded 3 feet up on the
FIRST FLOOR. At that time there was a very old man who lived here all
alone; after the flood his son insisted he sell. The house was sold to a
young man who completely rehabbed it and my family moved in in 1979. In
2001 my folks sold it to me and moved to Sequim, Washington...where
there is very little rain!