Subject: [Leica] Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 1 21:11:34 2004

Tina said:
>> This year's Dimes for Hunger program was a retrospective of the last 25
> years so I included photos of people through the years.  I've put some of
> them up here:  http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/dimes_for_hunger&page=1
> I particularly chose photos with eye-contact for most of them. Almost all
> of these are film with M6's, 7's, and R8's.  I think there are 5 digital
> ones scattered in there.
> All comments welcome. I'm leaving again for Guatemala on Friday.<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
I just saw the weather forecast down your way! Ouch big-time if the winds
are as high as predicted, 250 klms! ? :-(

Or it maybe a good time to leave town real quick.;-)

Picture selection... Just Great!  Why?
Because so many agencies play on the worst case scenario all the time and
the same kind of down and out people destitute all over the world. And I
believe many of the giving general public are becoming immune to the
commercials aided by the 6 o'clock TV news of what the heck is going on in
every country no matter what aid is given. It constantly appears an
unsolvable
situation, so to heck with it!

People just stop handing out for the bad and ugly situations as they want to
see some joy for their past, present and future contributions. So your
concept of showing happy faces instead of the distraught is a super concept
of showing good does happen if you give and here it is!  So girl, good on
you for that presentation.

I trust it worked in opening pockets and cheque amounts.

Be safe down there in Guatemala as we only have 5 weeks to go and it's Leica
Seminar time! :-) Besides we must have a solid Lagavullin or two this time
to get me through this one, it being the last! :-( Well you know the old
emotional jerk here will be fighting "wet eye" for sure! ;-)

See you shortly,
ted

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Photos)