Subject: [Leica] the future happened yesterday
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Sep 1 20:59:29 2004

I agree with B.D. regarding the learning curve. I have only started
shooting digitally this year, but I have not had a darkroom since 1996
or 97--all my prints since then have been produced using the computer,
whether from scanned film or now digitally captured images.

With scanned B&W film, my conclusion is that while a really skilled
"wet" printer can undoubtedly make a better print than what is possible
in the digital darkroom, *I* cannot. In other words, my prints from the
computer are superior to the prints I used to make with my Beseler
enlarger. And when it comes to color prints, there is no contest.

Nathan