Subject: [Leica] the future happened yesterday
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Sep 1 17:26:18 2004

B.D.

I don't think we disagree that much. I'm learning to print
digital B&W images myself!  I'm a 38 year old fart :-)

So far I've gone the "EZ" route with MIS EZ warm/cold
inks and a little cheap C84.  Initial results are promising,
but now I'm at the point where I'm swimming around a
bit with calibration issues, different papers, curves for
same, grain and well, you know better than I do :-)

Anyway, I've a software development background and
still find it all a little daunting, so I was just thinking of
my more technology challenged relatives :-)

I wasn't so much comparing DIY digital vs. wet, as DIY
vs. turning over negatives to a nice lab. I haven't sampled
all the local labs here in Wash, DC, but L'Imagerie made
some very nice B&W prints for me, and folks speak
highly of a dedicated B&W lab over the river in VA.

Scott