Subject: [Leica] Leica Ig?
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Tue Aug 31 19:20:10 2004

Karen,
Yes, it is real. The Ig was the special purposes version of the IIIg,
mainly intended to be used on microscopes, medical and scientific
equipment or with a Visoflex. There were also a Post version of this
camera, fitted with a fixed focus Summaron 35mm, intended to be used to
record telephone meters by german and swiss Telephone companies, a
"Repro" version, sold together with the Leitz Reproduktion Apparatus,
and a very rare "Special" (aka "Siemens") version without accessory
shoes that was provided with the Siemens electron microscope. This last
version had two variations, with and without slow speeds (rarest), and
minor differences in the advancing knob when compared to the normal
production cameras.
The chimera of the 'g' series is the IIg, a IIIg without slow speeds,
that nobody is sure if was ever produced.
Best regards,

Ed Albesi
www.sololeicas.com
Argentina

El 31/08/2004, a las 22:48, Karen Nakamura escribi?: