Subject: [Leica] Decently Cold Weather
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Aug 31 18:58:48 2004

At 12:17 AM 8/31/04 +0200, Douglas M. Sharp wrote:
>Unaccustomed as I am to being in the position to correct you Marc, I
>think the
>K for Contax winterized cameras was "K?ltefest" ie cold resistant.

Thanks for the correction.  I ought not to rely on my memory when I am
doing e-mail at late hours!

The knobs and control dials were the same size as on the regular camearas
to my knowledge -- that is, my references and the several of these Leica
and Zeiss Ikon gems which I have seen.  I do not have time to check this
out in Jim Lager's magisterial trilogy at the moment, but I am relatively
certain that the phoographer was simply expected to learn how to manipulate
the controls with gloves on -- in arctic conditions, bare flesh can freeze
in as little as ten seconds when exposed to the wind.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Decently Cold Weather)