Subject: [Leica] Re: Montreal, Canada
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Tue Aug 31 14:30:39 2004

The store that is just south and east of Simons is
Camtec, on rue Notre Dame in Old Montreal, just
opposite the court house. Probably the most
dynamic/active Leica dealer in Montreal right now.

Other places to look are: Imagepoint on rue Ste.
Catherine near Crescent (close to several strip
joints, also popular with US visitors to Montreal,
btw). They have some very knowledgeable staff.

See also L.R. Viala on rue de Maisonneuve (in the Gay
Village).

Although my grandfather and the founder of Simons were
good friends, I've never succeded in buying anything
of interest from them -- not even a once hot 35-70/2.8
R lens ;-) It is a very odd place, to say the very
least.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Re: Montreal, Canada)