Subject: [Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Aug 31 10:28:35 2004

Nikon seems to be doing just fine, Bob, and I would be willing to wager
it will be the proverbial cold day in hell before they either produce a
digital back for your old bodies or, for that matter, come out with
their own full-frame 35 digital. Nikon is focused on the pro pj market
in its high end cameras, and things such as write speed, focus accuracy,
weight, and battery life are of far more interest to most shooters than
having a 35 mm full-frame. Sadly, I'd guess their attitude to those of
you who won't wait much longer is 'don't let the door smack your ass on
the way out.'