Subject: [Leica] Re:Shakleton Photos Faked
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Aug 29 22:57:04 2004

Christopher Williams said and asked:
> Faked or not, Hurley's images are amazing. Would anyone else want to carry
> that much gear into the frozen artic?

Hi Chris,
I agree with you absolutely!

Because quite frankly carrying 4 Leica's under yer parka and trying shoot at
55 below zero with a howling wind is bad enough. I can't begin to imagine
what he and other early explorer photographers went through lugging gear
around.

Actually if you haven't worked in this kind of environment where when the
temp went to "the high for today will be 40 below!" And everyone got excited
becase it's warming up!  :-) If you can avoid it, trust me never go there.

ted

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re:Shakleton Photos Faked)
Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Decently Cold Weather)
Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Shakleton Photos Faked)