Subject: [Leica] now LF was Ilford chapter 11?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 28 16:22:05 2004

On 8/28/04 9:10 AM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> typed:

> I'm the one... LF is already "going away" as 11x14 color film is no
> longer being made.
>
> The newest I have is Ektachrome 100, 26 boxes in the freezer and out
> dated as of 2002.
>
> Jim

I was going to joke and say film that size you can hand tint yourself but it
is a real shame.
Some of these what I think of as "nostalgic companies" which make stuff like
print out paper or platinum paper and huge sheets of film for cameras gone
by (but still clicking) might soon consider color materials to also be in
their realm. When enough time goes by. And I think soon. As they don't think
so now they seem to be firmly in black and white mode.
It might be that "film is film" when enough hindsight gets behind us.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/