Subject: [Leica] Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri Aug 27 12:04:34 2004

The 35 f2, 50 f1.4 and 85 f1.8 are truly superb both
value and in absolute terms. The new 100 macro was
said by Erwin Puts to match the Leica apo 100. The
long lenses are especially good, I have compared 280
f2.8, 400 f6.8, 560 f6.8 Leica with 300 f4 and 500 f4
Canon, The Leica lenses are much more difficult to
focus on the 10D screen than on the R8 and this is a
problem for me. Best lens of the lot was the 500 f4
Canon but the f6.8 lenses are amazing value. I am not
fond of zooms but have some and am not particularly
impressed.
Frank

http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement