Subject: [Leica] Flat lighting and perverts
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Aug 26 12:54:14 2004

I'd suggest that the thing that makes these photos both interesting and
disturbing, is the non-lighting lighting. It gives them a very
matter-of-fact, straight-ahead look that is very weird given the subject
matter. To me, starting to add theatrical/fashion/arty lighting will
produce very run-of-the-mill soft-porn artsy/fartsy bondage photos. And
these are way beyond that.

B. D.