Subject: [Leica] A Stroll Around the Mobius Strip or Klein Bottle ;-)
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Thu Aug 26 04:04:01 2004

Jorg Willems wrote:
> Your analogy of the Leni Riefenstahl discussion to a M?bius Strip is funny
> although I suspect that our single malt loving friends would favor a Klein
> Bottle ...

Jorg,

I was just about to offer Klein's Bottle to Buzz also,
but you beat me to it.  The Mobius Strip is not
without relevance: which is the emulsion side ?  :-)

Just like the Mobius Strip, often in life the two sides
are really the same, and there is no beginning and
no end.   The rational mind often cannot cope with this..
EM Forster illustrates it beautifully in "A Passage to
India".

Anyway, thanks to adding another dimension
(mathematical pun intended) to the discussion.

- Phong