Subject: [Leica] Ilford chapter 11?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Aug 25 13:32:01 2004

BUT...Most professional 120 use is based on the quality requirements of
magazines. And the question then is not whether the 120 backs will
become affordable; rather, it is whether 35 full-frame digital cameras,
such as the EOS1Ds and the Kodak, can provide image quality on a par
with 120 film. If they can, then the cost of 120 backs becomes
irrelevant and 120 becomes irrelevant. There is also the question of
whether smaller sensors in DSLRs, used at 50 iso, will produce such
clean images that they, too, can eliminate the need for 120. I wouldn't
be investing in Hasselblad OR Imacon right now.

B. D.