Subject: [Leica] rats - bad portraits with 100 APO
From: leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric)
Date: Tue Aug 24 23:23:48 2004

Ever the weekend photo warrior, I had a friend pose for me in a seated
portrait studio situation.
I am still trying to get a hang of my 100 APO which has, several times,
stunned me with its capabilities.

I was shooting handheld, TCN (400 ASA) at f/8.0 with a softbox.
R7 body - so flash sync is 1/100th of sec.
Lot of afternoon light in the room too.

Nearly every shot is slightly motion blurred, or I missed critical focus on
her eyes..
I imagine the indirect afternoon light coming into the room added to the
motion blur problem.
Yes, I know I could use a tripod, but I like to move around while shooting.

When you all use the 100 APO for strobe-lit portraiture do you stop down
even more?

Recommendations?

Eric

Replies: Reply from lea at whinydogpress.com (lea) ([Leica] rats - bad portraits with 100 APO)