Subject: [Leica] SF-20 batteries
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Aug 24 00:12:33 2004

At 8:13 PM -0400 8/23/04, Don Dory wrote:
>Oliver,
>My experience with Duracell lithium's is exactly yours, they do not hold
>their charge.  On the other hand, any other brand has held their charge
>for years in my bag.  I am specifically referring to CR123's and 2CR5's
>which might lurk in my bag for two or three years before I put them in.
>
>Most lithium's have expiration dates out 6-10 years.
>
>Don
>dorysrus@mindspring.com

The stated shelf life of Lithium batteries is generally stated to be
10 years, but that was the conservative number that manufacturers
felt comfortable with. Present thinking is that with decent
treatment, they should be good for a lot longer; possibly 25 years.
If you have dud batteries out of the package, it's a manufacturing
defect.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design