Subject: [Leica] RE: Leni Riefenstahl
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Mon Aug 23 06:08:20 2004

Ah, Leni, the one Leicaiste LUGgers love to hate!

I say that it is precisely because of her formidable
commitment  to her customer/paymaster that we should
study her, like a butterfly: netted and pinned.

She's the closest we've ever got to an artist in
thrall to fascism.  Her work is part & parcel of the
Nazi era and -- like Volkswagens and rockets and
motorized Leicas -- hard to ignore.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal