Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: viewing EXIF info
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Aug 22 16:36:06 2004

A great little freeware program called ViewEXIF adds an EXIF choice to the
right-click menu in Internet Explorer. It can be found
here:  http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/   After you install it, just right click
on the image in question, and click "View EXIF."  No extra application
software necessary.  Note that it only works with Internet Explorer, *not*
Netscape.

Picture Window Pro (my main image editor) also shows EXIF data, but you
have to view it one parameter at a time.  A pain.

Other low-impact programs that can show EXIF data include the freeware
Irfanview and VueScan's companion program VuePrint.  In Irfanview, the
command is:  Image (menu), Information,  Exif Info (button).  For VuePrint,
just press "N."   VuePrint's info is a little easier to get
to.  IrfanView's is more comprehensive.

Drag-and-Drop or Copy-and-Paste to any of the above will do fine for the
basic information (camera, shutter speed, f-stop, focal length, ISO
equivalent).

Hope all this is useful.

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA