Subject: [Leica] Some more new images
From: cmbrow at wm.edu (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Sat Aug 21 13:29:16 2004

Phong, Jesse, Scott,

Thanks for the feedback.  I know the business about Vermeer lighting,
but I took these as I found them.  My practice is to bang away frames
until the subject forgets I'm there, and sometime this requires staying
put.  I try to observe the rule otherwise, having previously been the
recipient of Ted's criticism.

Phong: you're right about the color cast, which was nagging at me even
as I posted these.  I've corrected it and reposted the images.
Sometimes one needs a slap upside the head to jar the obvious loose,
though.  Thanks!

And Jesse, I did employ a self-timer for the simple reason that it's
there on this, to me, new camera, and I wanted to see how it worked.
The image pleased my vanity-hence I offer it up to all of you.

I teach history and American Studies at the College of Wm and Mary in
Virginia.  I'm not sure that I could tolerate *taking* any courses at
this point in my career.  One simply becomes too accustomed to the solo
side of the podium, and, more pointedly, I immediately doze off when I'm
compelled to attend lectures.

Cheers,

Chandos