Subject: [Leica] Veteran
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Fri Aug 20 09:17:41 2004

Walker wrote:
"Oliver, do you by any chance have that gentleman's name? He looks like
he could be over 100 which he'd have to be to have served in WW1. A name
would make it easy enough to verify the MoH award. As a career military
man, I'd be interested in his story.

If he served in one or both of those wars he's deserving of respect
regardless.

Walker"

When I introduced myself as a veteran he managed a half smile. His
attendants - probably family - made the statements about his service in both
World Wars and the CMH. I did not ask about his name as I was in a hurry,
forgetting everything I was taught in Signal Corps Photo School over fifty
years ago...
Thanks for looking, Oliver