Subject: [Leica] beater cameras
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Aug 19 12:25:27 2004

I bought my IIIf because I wanted something that I could take everywhere was
light, wouldn't need batteries and was very flexible. It has always been a
dream
apart from one time when it needed a little TLC. I used to carry an Olympus
mu-1
around loaded with HP5. It was never so good as - if much smaller than - the
IIIf.

I tried using - and still do use a Digilux as a regular camera, but somehow
can't get to grips with it - although it has produced some beautiful
pictures
and production is fast. Somehow though....

A beater can be anything that you want it to be, remember all those beat-up
somethings which are valued for their battered cases and "patina". Cameras
are
for using.

Peter Dzwig