Subject: [Leica] Being a shooter
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu Aug 19 10:33:12 2004

BD Colen wrote:
"People's view of what that life is like reminds me of the view people
have of my traveling as a reporter....Wow! You got to go to Amsterdam
for 10 days? Wow - Yup - 10 &#$%# days covering the International AIDS
Meeting - 8 or so a.m. to 10 p.m. every day inside a huge convention
center...."

I can relate, BD.  I used to go to the AIDS conference every year when I
was still active in HIV research.  Only, as a scientist/presenter my visits
were a lot more pleasant than yours.  At the Florence meeting in 1991 I
managed to slip out of the meeting one afternoon to visit the nearly empty
Uffizi museum -- nearly empty because everyone else in town was at the AIDS
meeting!

After hearing from you and Ted and seeing the Olympics picture, I'm glad I
never became a pro journalist!

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108