Subject: [Leica] Conformity in Athens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 19 02:56:33 2004

On 8/18/04 10:21 PM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> typed:

> Am I right in assuming that those are all Canon FL lenses, mostly the 600
> f/5.6 but an occasional 500 f/5.6 Fluorite?
>
> Nobody is copying anybody there. They're all trying to get the shot.

Nikon makes at least three white lenses which we could be looking at here:

The Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4.0D ED-IF AutoFocus Lens - Light
Grey which you notice goes for under a grand USD.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
ku=242161&is=GREY

The Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8D ED-IF II AutoFocus Lens - Light
Gray which goes for five large.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
ku=220378&is=USA

The Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF VR Zoom Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8D G-AFS ED-IF
AutoFocus Lens (Vibration Reduction) - Light-grey which goes for a grand and
a half.
Very star wars looking
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
ku=278173&is=GREY

Light grey or white lenses are also made by third party lens makers for
Nikon or other mounts.

A white lens does not a Canon make.

Mark Rabiner
Photography