Subject: [Leica] OT- running a photo printer on a WLAN
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Tue Aug 17 07:49:01 2004

Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments. I neglected to mention that I
run Win2000.
My on-line research has so far turned up a $250 EpsonNet 802.11b print
server with only a parallel I/F that "connects quickly and easily to
networkable Epson Stylus printers" (no buffer size given), a $150 Linksys
802.11b/g print server with USB 2.0 and parallel I/Fs and a 3MB print
buffer, and a $150 Linksys 802.11b print server with only a parallel I/F and
a 256k print buffer. The Epson 1280 has parallel and USB connections. I
think that - ceteris paribus -  print buffer size should dominate the
solution. What say the experts?
TIA, Oliver Bryk