Subject: [Leica] OT: vivitar 283 homebrew AC adapter?
From: leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric)
Date: Sun Aug 15 22:37:15 2004

Ok this is pretty off topic but..
I use my vivitar 283 quite a bit (talk about your workhorse..)
Recently I bought a SB-4 adapter, and discovered, like many before me, that
it actually INCREASES your full power charge time from about 5 secs on
batteries to
10 seconds! What a waste..

Has anyone rigged up a different AC supply to the 283?
I know quantum makes battery packs that can charge it in 3 seconds, so
obviously
the flash can handle a higher charge current.
Seems that the SB-4 simply isn't providing enough current.

Thought I ask around before I accidentally blow up my flash (and/or me)

cheers,
Eric

Replies: Reply from kenf01 at gmail.com (Ken Firestone) ([Leica] OT: vivitar 283 homebrew AC adapter?)