Subject: [Leica] lens question
From: leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy)
Date: Sun Aug 15 10:20:14 2004

There are Canon FD to M body adapters,
no RF coupling of course

the problem with Canon FD lenses however, is that without a special little
Canon
made plastic gizmo which is attached to the back of the FD lens,  FD lenses
are
always wide open when off the camera.

in other words, without the gizmo,  you can mount the FD lens and focus by
the
distance scale, but you always have to shoot wide open.  I got tired of
explaining that to people and getting no sales, so I removed the adapter
from my
listings.  the last time I checked, Canon had no more of the lens aperture
controls.

while adapters could be made for EOS lenses to M bodies, it's not done
because
there would be no way to control the aperture, since EOS lens apertures are
electronically controlled by the camera body.

Stephen