Subject: [Leica] more questions
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Fri Aug 13 07:57:35 2004

Emanual wrote:
"Here's more questions.
Over the years, I've introduced many people to Leica.
Without exception, the people who bought M cameras on
my advice have made those cameras a big part of their
photographic lives.
Now, in 2004-2005, while the MP and M7 (best Leica M
cameras ever, IMHO) and all those great new lenses are
for sale:
Would you recommend a new Leica M to someone today? Or
not? What reasons would you give?
Emanuel Lowi
Montreal"

Emanuel, I would unhesitatingly recommend a Leica rangefinder camera to one
whose photographic skills had reached a certain level of proficiency and who
has demonstrated an eye for people pictures. Whether I would recommend an
earlier or later model would depend on the prospective owner's finances. In
either case I would recommend the best 50mm or 35mm lens he/she could
afford, and counsel him/her to stick with one lens for quite a while.
Oliver Bryk