Subject: [Leica] More Steam/Bunch of Allards
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Sun Aug 8 05:28:02 2004

Hello everyone,
Back from a 3 week vacation in the UK with a whole bunch of new steam
locomotive images.
I wanted to get the "Flying Scotsman" on film but it went and broke down
(again), the steam special was pulled by a "Black Five"
which I had shot the week before, and the weather wasn't too spectacular
on that day either, so only 1 shot of the arrival in Scarborough.
All the others were shot at Grosmont, the terminus, sheds,coaling
facilities, and workshops of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, and at
Goathland, the only station on the line where two trains can pass each
other. Goathland is well known to TV viewers in the UK for the series
Heartbeat (Aidensfield) and is known the world over as "Hogsmeade"
station in the Harry Potter films. The line and rolling stock has also
been used in many other period or wartime film scenes.

The last few shots may warm the hearts of fans of  British sportscars -
a whole bevy of Allards and a strange "Bentford". I know absolutely
zero about this car, looks like a hybrid of about half a dozen others.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-71396.html  Start here
or to view the whole lot at one go
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/folder-6791.html
or only the cars, start here
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-71395.html
comments, criticism etc as always very welcome.
Regards to all
Douglas
PS I did all of these on my notebook so the quality may not be up to
scratch, my CRT monitor is knackered and today is Sunday, so I'll
probably Photoshop a few of them next week and re-post them when I get a
new one..