Subject: [Leica] silver prints
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Tue Aug 3 15:41:47 2004

> I agree, when I was a student we were instructed to make negative
> contact sheets using AZO paper. I once asked the teacher why the
> contact sheets seemed to look better then the final prints in
> many cases.  They had indescribable lush qualities which were
> missing from the final prints.  Also, contact sheets made with
> normal paper never looked good to me after that.  Only after
> reading about large format techniques did I make the connection
> between high quality prints and contact printing.
>
> Chris Saganich

Lots of stuff here on Azo

www.Michaelandpaula.com

(click on Azo and Writings)

Michael Smith single handedly persuaded Kodak to keep making Azo and is one
of the few places left to buy it.

He also has a huge stock (he bought up Kodak's old stock I think) of Kodak
SuperXX sheet film for his own use...

tim