Subject: [Leica] Colorado Photos
From: mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Tue Aug 3 03:26:23 2004

Leo...

You'll likely see fall color there during either of those weeks.  I say
either week, because it's still too early in the spring/summer season to
accurately gauge when the fall peak will occur.  A better route, if you're
flexible, is to keep your travel plans in play until you hear of the colors
getting real close, then firm up the reservations and go.  Peak fall colors
in the San Juans last only about a week, at best.

Generally, if you're looking for fall color, that'll be timberline on down,
mostly in the elevation range the aspens like.  There are tons of some of
the tallest aspens I've ever seen on route 550 leading north out of Durango.
Another good area for photo ops is around Ophir, just south of Telluride.
Probably the best thing to do is just drive around and look for whatever
strikes your fancy.

Regards,

Mitch