Subject: [Leica] Born At Risk...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Aug 1 06:05:13 2004

Thanks, Richard - I think. But how about a reality check here...Tri-X
shot at 800 "look(s) like crap as large prints" unless viewed from an
appropriate viewing distance - just as digital looks like crap unless
viewed at proper viewing distance. I have seen images shot with a 5 mgp
sensor blown up to 30x40, and if viewed standing back - as they are
designed to be viewed - they are magnificent. Step right up to them and,
just as prints from film would look like buckets of golf balls, so to
the prints from digital....