Subject: [Leica] PUSH!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Jul 28 14:40:31 2004

Sonny Carter showed... saving his butt!" ;-)
Subject: [MUGers] PUSH!
 > Last week, I was shooting at the hooker jones gig, and at about exposure
30,
> I realized I wasn't shooting Fuji 800 because 800 only gets 24 exposures.
>
>   Sure enough, when I rewound  I had exposed Fuji Reala more than 2 stops
> under.  I sent it to Chromacolor in San Diego, and got a two stop push.
>
> here's the results:    http://www.sonc.com/ramada_edit/<<<<<<<

Hi Sonny,
Cool stuff! :-) Probably better than if you had the "right film!" ;-)

It has the look of the old Ektachromes of yesteryear when we'd shoot it at 2
or 3 stops push at times for the magazine rotogravure section.

The neat thing about your shoot is... who cares what the colour balance is
because under those kind of lighting conditions one isn't shooting a pound
of butter and expecting perfect colour balance. Sure captured a nice mood of
the location and that's what counts more than whether a shirt is a perfect
white or warm yellowee sort of some colour. :-)

ted