Subject: [Leica] night summer in Paris
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Wed Jul 28 10:39:59 2004

>I simply would not change a thing on this image. The grain, the contrast,
>the guy, they all add up to a whole. This is what low light 'street'
>photography is all about!

After a second look at the picture, I still disagree. The man in the
background commands too much attention and distracts from the main
subjects. His shirt also blends with the young girl's face, removing the
contrast that otherwise would give us a better impression of her features.

Not a "bad" picture, certainly, but one that could have been better if
taken from a different angle or absent the man in the background who
adds nothing IMO and takes away quite a lot.

Walker Smith