Subject: [Leica] ot: help!
From: leowesson at charter.net (leo wesson)
Date: Tue Jul 27 19:22:27 2004

> http://homepage.mac.com/leosarv/mike/PhotoAlbum89.html

Help!

A friend of mine shot these pix with his K1000 (a+ for shooting film)
and is getting these flares on some of  his film.  He thinks that it
only occurs when he has his 35-70 zoom on the camera.  It doesn't look
like lens flare to me.  I don't think it it is a light leak because the
flare stays within the frame and does not extend to the sprockets.  I
think that if it was a shutter problem the flare would be sharper.  It
occurs in the same area of the frame each time, sometimes extending
further across the frame.

I guess that it might have something to do with the lens, but I am not
familiar with what might cause it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Leo