Subject: [Leica] Aerial photography
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 11:03:17 2004

Fascinating!  Did you know they are building Wacos again?

http://www.wacoclassic.com/intro.html

_http://www.wacoclassic.com/intro.html_
(http://www.wacoclassic.com/intro.html)

Sonny

In a message dated 7/27/2004 12:53:05 PM Central Standard Time,
abridge@gmail.com writes:

I grew  up less than half a mile from the Waco factory (which was
closed of course)  and used to fish at Clayton Bruckner's pond. He and
my dad were friends.  Bruckner was an interesting guy, he and his
brother lived alone with a  housekeeper to handle the worst of the mess
in a house filled with  engineering magazines and documents left over
from WW II and earlier. A  Cord in the barn up on blocks.

He was an unsung hero. When the hospital  needed an emergency generator
he located one at Cape Canaveral and had it  shipped up and oversaw its
installation and testing. Gave millions to the  local hospital back
when a million was a LOT of money. He built a  glass-walled vessel on
tracks that would go out into the pond so he could  study the fish.

They re-opened the airport for a few years while I was  in high school
and had a Waco fly-in. I have some pictures of that I  think.

adam

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:43:13 EDT, sonc@aol.com  <sonc@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated  7/27/2004 11:39:23 AM Central Standard Time,
> abridge@gmail.com  writes:
>
> Yes...how did those Spads and Gypsy Moths do as photo  platforms??  :)
>
> Adam
>

> Don't  know about spads, but Waco's were pretty fun!
>
>  http://www.sonc.com/waco.htm
>
> Regards,
>
>  Sonny
> http://www.sonc.com