Subject: [Leica] PAW July 25 2004
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Sun Jul 25 21:49:12 2004

This week I was using for the first time a beat-up Telyt 400 6.8 I
found for a pittance a couple of months ago. As others on the list have
mentioned, people will point at you, make jokes and so on when you show
up with the thing. I imagine someone will call the police for sure.

I was shooting out-of-date Fuijicolor (Sept 2001) Press 800. The boxer
was checking us out while we walked by on Gibson Island, MD, looking
for birds (it was almost dusk, we did not see any birds)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040725a

Today, trying to finish the roll, I found the phone or electricity
lines and the pigeon. Maybe this should be black and white (always the
wrong film in the camera...)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040725b

The 400mm is much easier to hold than I had expected, and the first
image is hand-held at 1/125. The lens I got, however, has the focus too
loose: you can focus without pressing the button. Does anybody know how
much it would be to repair? Other than Leica USA, I imagine Sherry
Krauter or DAG are the places to send it?

The other thing I found out this week is that the CD you get from Ritz
has images at 1800 x 1200 pixels, includes an index print and is $6.99.
Developing only is just $4.95. So if, like mine, most of your images
are not worth printing, you may skip the prints altogether and get
something to work on and select for your own scanning and printing for
$12.50 or so.

Best regards,

Juan