Subject: [Leica] Summilux Asph arrives: Through a glass darkly
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Jul 25 18:56:25 2004

OK, my monitor died and in a fit of madness I bought an LCD one to
replace it (Hansol H950). While it is nice to not be slowly turned into
a mutant potato, it is useless for image work. The contrast is too high
and the resolution is not as good as my old Apple Studio Display. Say
what you will about Apples prices, they sure make a nice product. So I
am going to see f I can get the old monitor repaired and then hook it
up just for image work.

All that to explain why I have only had time to post one more image
(one that had been partially tweaked already). I think it is OK but I
can't tell for sure with this monitor.

More wide open middle distance work:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/jbcollier/James_maze

The first photo was not sharpened at all but I sharpened this one
slightly. I do not remember feeling it needed this with the old monitor
but I can't be sure.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Summilux Asph arrives: Through a glass darkly)
Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Summilux Asph arrives: Through a glass darkly)