Subject: [Leica] I understand
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sun Jul 25 10:28:26 2004

Re: "I can't understand the current trend to show fat, naked bellies and
belly-buttons.  The crop-tops and hip-hugger pants leave a lot of territory
on display that would be better left covered.  I guess I'm just an
old-foggie!

Tina"

Dear Tina:
I am an old foggie as well but I do understand. It must be a guy thing.
After seeing the photo Jim posted on the aging biker girl (from behind)I
vowed to give up women for good.

Fortunately, Oliver brought me back to earth. Itty bitty tummy hanging over
belt or not, she's a cutie and that's what it's all about. As far as current
trends, remember the 60's and 70's? I do. It was Market St., 1969. A passing
beauty,very fashionably dressed was approaching. When she got within range
of my 105 I noticed there was quite a "jiggle" to her pace.

Where was her bra? my gosh, I'd never seen such a thing.  I'd done quite a
bit of time in S.E. Asia and admit to frequenting many of the places our
mothers warned us about. This though, was  different.

I'm not capable of a sensible explanation. It is, as I said, a guy thing. :)

One more thing though, it passes. Cute is a momentary flash in the pan.
Intelligence, kindness, a quick wit will follow us to the grave and beyond.
Talent (such as yours) counts. It is significant. Everything else pales in
comparisons, even in hip huggers.

Walt J.

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] I understand)