Subject: [Leica] Noctiluxless ( is it a fate worse than.....)
From: waltjjohn at earthlink.net (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sun Jul 25 07:21:47 2004

Another dream, or is it a nightmare?

I awoke in the morning with sweat burning my eyes. Hair  plastered against
my forehead and a churning in my gut. Reaching alongside the bed I placed a
hand in the small canvas bag nearby and the dream became reality!

Oh God, it's true! I'm Noctiluxless! What will I do? Then my fingers find
the battered rim of a tried and true friend. Summicron is still there. I'm
not alone! It's sharper, smaller, and much cheaper. It works for me, and I
don't work for it.

Sure, it means 15 at  F2 instead of 60 at 1.0 but I can live with
that.Especially since the old friend Summi is F2 across the board. Who wants
to view the world as if you've got an eye plastered to a toilet roll? Bright
in the middle and dim elsewhere.

Sometimes  there's a blur. Everything moves. Everything is in a state of
flux. The Universe is still expanding. But if I keep in shape, lay off the
evil weed, nicotine, and make my  Cuba Libre's sans rum? ( I know, that last
one really hurts)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Walts/vai
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Walts/ron
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Walts/beg