Subject: [Leica] Re: Follow focus test NOW OLD FOGGIE!
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Sun Jul 25 04:58:29 2004

Ted Grant wrote:

> when their daughter gets
> raped because she's walking around with it all
> hanging out to get plucked,
> the same parents scream murder at the police for not
> protecting their
> daughters! Go figure!

We should think twice before suggesting (like the
Taliban did) that women are raped because of the way
they are dressed.

Women are raped because there are men who are criminal
rapists, not because some women are fashion felons.

Having said that, the current fad for cropped blouses
and low-slung pantaloons is far easier to tolerate
here in Montreal, where the tendency to super-size
one's anatomy to Zeppelin proportions is much less
egregious than among our southern sisters. I for one
have managed to learn -- after much trial -- to live
in peace with the style.

;-)

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal