Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 price revealed (digest 408)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jul 20 17:09:17 2004

On 7/20/04 11:21 AM, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> typed:

> Well I have a DSLR kit that covers the electronic waterfront, but I'd
> still like a rangefinder, and, as you note, that 35 1.4 ASPH could just
> be the world's best 50 - and the 21 ASPH will be a pretty terrific '35,'
> albeit a slow one.

I have a full Leica M system which is my preferred way of doing photography
for the past 10 years. A full system of Leica M glass which I've compiled
for over a decade steadily and now not using so much in lieu of Nikons; d100
and Nikon glass.
I can do the auto everything Nikon glass thing but would like to go back to
last year.
Rangefinder shooting.
Leica glass.

But with a digital body which is an amazing phenomenon (digital photography)

I'd certainly be amazed if such a digital camera body for my Leica M glass
either if done by Leica sometime in the far far future or Remco toys today
would cost anywhere what my D100 did which was 700 bucks shy of what a Nikon
F5 cost.

Epson are us!

Mark Rabiner
Photography