Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 price revealed (digest 408)
From: MEB at GoodPhotos.com (Michael E. Berube)
Date: Mon Jul 19 19:34:01 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:46:04 -0700 (PDT), Photoethnographer Karen Nakamura
quoth unto the boundless Ether...
>But it looks unlikely that we'll get it for less than $2500 for the
>near future.

A lot of us paid $2500 for the new Leica D100 when it came out.
A (mostly) manual body that has (close to) the same 6.1MP sensor but takes
my
Leitz and Vogtlander glass doesn't seem too out of line. I'd rather have a
useable digital M body that I can use for work AND play than a new 'quaint
but
classic' MP or an video display only fixed lens digicam with a tiny sensor
that
I can only really use for play. (Which is how my only film cameras
left...the
IIIc and M4P are now assigned.)

I just hope that it becomes widely available here in the States at whatever
price and that it lives up to its promises.

Be well,
Michael Eric Berube
GoodPhotos.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Epson R-D1 price revealed (digest 408))