Subject: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Mon Jul 19 15:21:35 2004

I don't know about that.

My D100 came with a 18-35 f3.5-4.5 Nikkor ED which I thought was pretty
good..
...until I borrowed a 17-35 f2.8 Nikkor IF-ED for a week long job.

My 18-35 doesn't even look sharp to me now, not to mention the curvature...
And this is within the same company.

So, yes, lenses are still the single most contribuing factor to sharpness,
colour rendition and contrast quality of an image ...digital or film.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland

      --- SOUND SYMPOSIUM XII --
International Festival of New Music and Art
Daily photo coverage at
http://blog.greglocke.com
July 8 - 18, 2004
St. John's, Newfoundland